I’ve spent a lot of time this year thinking about the universal truth about money…which to me, is different than spiritual truth, because acknowledging your role in the universal truth is a STEP toward losing the fear, ambiguity and lack of awareness around your external relationship with money. The universal truth is the key to uncovering your habits, thinking and behavior that might be a detriment to your money in the most fundamental, practical sense–and yet, it starts with inner knowledge. It’s recognizing where you have not been fully living as yourself.
The Universal Truth
Here are the universal truths about your money:
- Financial ruin does not kill you. Just ask anyone who has been through it.
- Debt a result of past thinking. Forgive yourself and move forward.
- When you can’t pay a bill, it just means you can’t pay the bill. Yet.
- There are no financial victims. The moment you take responsibility is the moment you change your financial destiny.
- Quit focusing on your money fear—instead, focus on Money Possibility
- Don’t let your money worry become an addiction, however…
- The less you think about your money, the more it gets wasted.
- Money waste is a symptom of unconsciousness.
- You can’t spend money to avoid a negative consequence. It’s still there.
- Receiving money is passive. If you tend to “overgive,” you’ll have money issues.
- Spending money never improves a relationship.
- Having money does not balance (or unbalance) the scales in a relationship. Try not having scales.
- There are no good or bad uses for your money, just whether it’s right for you.
- Money is not a substitute for your personal power.
- You deserve to charge as much as you want. There are no worthiness hurdles to jump.
- You can’t “buy” an identity by belonging to a group, you can only buy affiliation.
- Never use money to keep up with the Jones.
- Never make a money decision when you’re comparing yourself to someone else.
- The more you know what you want in life, the easier it is to make money.
- Never let money (or anything) be the reason you compromise your truth.
- Don’t trust your gut about money if it is telling you to be afraid. Intuition is not the language of fear.
- Never make a money decision because of the way something “should” be. Stick to WHAT IS.
- Money solutions are never products or investments.
- The more you become aware of your behaviors and thinking, the more money you’ll have.
Improve Your Money Relationship
Here are some actions you can take to help you work through the universal truths:
Share this – with a loved one, or review it on your own to agree, discuss, journal and flesh out. What universal truth is missing from the list?
Chose an area to focus on – when I first started my journey, consciousness was a big theme. What theme resonates with you and your money history?
Commit to one small step. Given the theme that spoke to you, what is one small step you can take this week to move toward a better relationship with money?
And if you’d like to work more on this, I encourage you to check out my free ebook Money Chakra, which covers everything from your energy and how it creates money blocks as well as how to eliminate money blocks for good. You can download that free ebook here.